"JUST WHEN YOU THINK YOU HAVE LEARNED WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW IN LIFE, SOMEONE SPECIAL COMES INTO IT AND SHOWS JUST HOW MUCH MORE THERE IS." ~unknown

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Another day...

I am sorry if my venting yesterday caused any panic or concern for you. Caleb's feedings or lack there of, are stressful, but nothing that will not pass. I am trying to remind myself of this each time we sit down to a bottle. I have basically decided to not 'force' anything extra into him, that when he is done drinking the bottle, he is done. That way, hopefully, what he drinks is comfortable for him and that is all we can do for now. He has his two month check up tomorrow with the pediatrician and you know full well we will be discussing all this in great length. I am also hoping that the pediatrician can get him in to a closer GI doctor a little sooner. Granted, next Tues. is probably pretty good for a pediatric GI doctor, but it is far from the house. The office that is close to our house could not see him until mid-November! That just wouldn't do, so we had to take the one further away that had an earlier appt. So I hope the Dr. tomorrow can pull some strings and get us in to the local office sooner...we shall see.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support. I know I am not the only mother who has ever dealt with reflux, but it sure isn't fun! Esp. on top of Caleb's other health issues. I am watching for signs of dehydration and thankfully he is not showing any signs of it so far. I will certainly let you know how the appt. goes tomorrow...hopefully Caleb has gained a little weight since we were there a month ago. His reflux is not every bottle thank goodness, although he is drinking little bits at a time, but I guess that is better then pushing too much and half of it comes back up! I guess I need to start counting every little blessing I can find. :)

1 comment:

  1. Are you headed to Sirlin? I hope that he can help you. Reagan was just there last week. And yes, a pediatric GI books far in advance usually. How frustrating. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. We are all lifting you up in prayer.

    Christy

    ReplyDelete